WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are the most common form of tracking. Trackers are data used by servers to send information to a user’s browser, which is then used by that browser to return the information to the original server via the same browser.
The information can be, for example, a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, a response field, etc.
While active, trackers are used to store information when a browser accesses various pages of a website or when the browser returns to that website at a later stage.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you exit the browser or website
- Persistent cookies that remain on your device until they expire or until you delete them by changing the settings in your browser.
Cookies that are strictly necessary to navigate our websites and, in particular, necessary to use the features of all websites:
- Manage your authentication and related security measures on our websites and ensure the proper functioning of the authentication module
- Optimize your user experience and make our websites easier to navigate, especially by setting “technical paths” for navigation
- Store the information displayed in the information header “cookies” which you can see before you continue browsing, so it means that you agree to accept trackers on your device.
- Implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to log in again to access content or a service after a certain period of time, or to ensure the basic operation of our websites and the use of their basic technical features, such as monitoring of performance and browsing errors, management of user sessions, etc.).
Cookies for features used specifically for:
- Adapt our websites to your device’s display preferences (language, currency, screen resolution, operating system used, configuration and display settings of web pages according to the device you are using and its location, etc.).
- Store certain information you enter on our websites to facilitate and customize your subsequent visits (including, for example, displaying your first and last name(s) if you have a user account and are logged in)
- Allows you to access your personal pages faster by storing login details or information you have previously entered
Visitor tracking cookies aim to improve your browsing experience by helping us understand your interactions with our websites (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
Advertising cookies used for the following purposes:
- Present the most relevant, targeted content (best offers, other destinations, etc.) that may be of interest to you in advertising space on our websites, based on your interests, browsing history, preferences, etc.
- Limit the number of ads you see.
Affiliate cookies are used to identify the original third party website that referred you to one of our websites.
Social media cookies used by third parties to allow you to share your opinions about our websites or share content on social media (e.g. “Share” and “Like” buttons for social media applications).
Social media applications on our websites may in some cases allow the relevant social networks to recognize you even if you have not clicked on the application buttons. These buttons enable the relevant social network to track your browsing on our websites because your account with the social network is activated on your device while you are browsing (open session).
We recommend that you consult the policies of these social networks to learn about the purposes for which they may use this information, including for advertising. These policies allow you to make decisions about the social networks you use, especially when creating your user accounts.
Device fingerprinting to check reservations to prevent fraud.
A “fingerprint” is created using technical information about the device (PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you use when making a booking on one of our websites (e.g. operating system, browser, whether you use a proxy, etc.).
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your device footprint at any time by using the cookie consent tool below and disabling “visitor tracking” cookies.
ACCEPTING, REJECTING OR DELETING COOKIES
a. Cookie Consent
Of the cookies we use, your consent is required for those used to track visitors to our websites (including your device fingerprint), advertising and social media. When you first visit one of our websites, you will be asked whether you agree to the installation of such cookies, which are only activated after your acceptance.
This request is placed in an information banner that pops up when you first visit one of our websites. This banner informs you that by continuing to browse our website, you implicitly agree that cookies requiring your consent will be installed on your device. This means that if you close our website before browsing, none of the trackers we use will be installed.
You can also continue browsing if you do not consent to the use of trackers. There are several options available to do this, which are described below. You can change your options at any time.
COOKIE CONSENT TOOL
Use our cookie consent tool below to save your cookie preferences:
- Advertising cookies : Active
- Social media cookies : Active
- Visitor tracking cookies : Active
- Thank you, your preferences have been saved. (Text after approval)
c. Browser settings
While most browsers are set to accept the installation of trackers by default, you can choose whether to always block trackers or accept them based on their sender. You can also set your browser to accept or block trackers on a case-by-case basis before they are loaded.
Whatever you choose, your browser also allows you to delete trackers from your device at any point.
The steps for managing and deleting trackers are different for each browser. These steps are described in the help menu of your browser. Remember to configure all browsers on your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.). Below are the steps for tracker management in the most common browsers:
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies ;
- For Safari™: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac ;
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=tr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
- For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences ;
- For Opera™: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/ .
If your browser is set to accept trackers on your device, trackers embedded in the pages and content you view may be temporarily stored in a special area on your device. They can only be read by the sender.
If your browser is configured to reject all or some cookies, we would like to inform you that some features, pages or parts of our websites may not be accessible or may not provide you with the best browsing conditions.